Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
Are you unhappy with your job? You have to focus on the positive parts of life, like school janitor Robert Clark. For example, when he mops, he doesn’t just grumble as he goes through the motions.
No. He cranks up a little Billy Joel and dances the gymnasium floors clean.
Ivcolossusxx is inspired, and says, “I need to try and be as positive as this guy when I have to do shit work. Keep up the positive vibes!”
It feels fantastic getting a HOT SHAVE from a barber. Seriously. It makes you wish it was 1908 and you were a Rockefeller so it could be part of your daily routine. But it's best left to the professionals.
On Wednesday, a 50-year-old man in Largo, Florida wanted to give himself the pleasure of a hot shave at home. So he decided to put his can of shaving cream on the kitchen STOVE, to heat it up.
Unfortunately, that's incredibly stupid, since pressurized metal cans are not meant to be heated up. And he learned that QUICKLY.
The can ended up EXPLODING IN HIS FACE . . . and he ended up with a face full of ALUMINUM SHARDS.
All things considered, he was lucky . . . he only had some cuts on his face and was hospitalized with minor injuries.
Who would even KNOW this was a possible way to kill someone? Yesterday, in Shizuoka, Japan, 40-year-old Tatsujiro Fukasawa was arrested . . . for trying to kill a coworker with POISONED SHOES.
--Apparently Fukasawa put hydrofluoric acid in her coworker's shoes this past December. When that's absorbed into the skin, it CAN cause heart attacks. In this case, it didn't kill her, but did cause GANGRENE in her left foot. Police don't know what Fukasawa's motive was.