Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
There's a part of me that's so very happy to see an INSTAGRAM FOOD PHOTO lead to an arrest.
On Saturday, four people in Rocklin, California broke into four parked cars and stole wallets and electronics. The four are 19-year-old Tavion Spignor, 27-year-old Leroy Jackson, 20-year-old Malek Morgan, and a 17-year-old whose name wasn't released.
Then they headed to a Carl's Jr. and ordered a FEAST from the drive-thru using one of the credit cards they'd stolen.
They ordered $120 worth of food including five hamburgers, five orange crème shakes, three barbeque chicken quesadillas, one bacon Swiss chicken sandwich, six orders of fries, two orders of fried zucchini, two teriyaki burgers, five chicken tacos, and more.
And then . . . they took a PHOTO of their huge order resting on the trunk of a car in the parking lot, and posted it on Instagram.
Police traced the stolen credit card to the Carl's Jr. purchase. And the employees had written down the license plate because things seemed suspicious . . . and one employee, who knew one of the thieves, told the cops about the Instagram photo.
That was enough proof to arrest all four of the thieves for auto burglary, conspiracy, possession of stolen property, and unauthorized use of personal ID.
A guy from Romania named Cornel Hrisca-Munn was born with only one leg and no forearms. But he learned how to play the DRUMS anyway, and he's AMAZING.
If you haven't seen it, check out the YouTube video where he plays "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters. (Search for "Cornel Hrisca-Munn - Foo Fighters Everlong.")
A basketball player for Real Madrid in Spain made a CRAZY no-look buzzer beater yesterday. It happened with under a second left in the first half, when his teammate threw him an inbound pass from the other side of the court.
Then he caught it, threw it backward OVER his head while he was falling out of bounds, and it somehow went in. It didn't end up mattering though, because Real Madrid CRUSHED the other team, 111 to 63.
(Search for "Real Madrid Player Makes No-Look Buzzer Beater.")