Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
The "Hunger Games" sequel "Catching Fire" just had the fourth-biggest movie opening of all time. But if you're one of the people who doesn't 'get' the hype, you need to watch the review by the satirical newspaper "The Onion".
Instead of talking about the movie, it just obsesses over the stuff that idiot fan girls talk about . . . like that 'Gale' is hotter than 'Peeta.' But it looks and sounds like a legit movie review.
(Search for "The Onion Reviews 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire'." Some of the comments under the video are pretty funny too . . . people clearly didn't get the joke.)
The people behind a toy company called GoldieBlox want to remind you that not all girls want DOLLS for Christmas. They make aproduct that's kind of like an Erector Set, but specifically geared towards little girls.
And for a new YouTube ad, they reached out to the guy who did OK Go's crazy Rube-Goldberg video in 2010. So this ad ALSO involves a Rube-Goldberg machine, but it's made out of TOYS.
And it's set to the Beastie Boys song, "Girls". Except they changed the lyrics, so they're all about empowering women. (Search for "GoldieBlox, Rube Goldberg.")
This looks totally staged, but there's a video on YouTube of a guy pranking his girlfriend by telling her he CHEATED. But it backfires, because she tells him SHE cheated too.
Then after he flips out, she reveals she's just JOKING, and that she saw him set up the camera. Also, she's disappointed because she thought he was going to PROPOSE.
(Search for "Anniversary Prank Backfires." He tells her at :44, and she flips it on him at 1:14. Then she reveals she's just joking at 2:04.)