Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
Remember Rebecca Black, the girl who did the terrible song "Friday" in 2011? Well, she celebrated Black Friday by posting a video of herself reacting to the music video for it . . . and even SHE now realizes it was terrible.
But her REACTION might be even more annoying than the actual SONG is. (Search for "Rebecca Black Reacts to Friday." The video starts at 1:12. WARNING: She says the word "butt.")
If you didn't see the end of the Alabama-Auburn football game on Saturday, it was pretty incredible. The score was tied 28-28 with one second left, and Alabama's kicker tried a 57-yard field goal.
But his kick was SHORT, a player for Auburn named Chris Davis caught the ball in the end zone . . . then ran it back 109 YARDS for a game-winning touchdown.
You can check it out online, but make sure you watch the version with the AUBURN announcers, because they went CRAZY. (Search for "Auburn's Final Play in Iron Bowl: Chris Davis Return for TD.")
What's a major life experience that everyone goes on and on about . . . but ISN'T actually that great once it finally happens? Here are 10 of the most overrated things in life . . .
1. Skydiving for the first time, when you're just strapped to the instructor and don't even get to pull the chute.
2. Climbing the corporate ladder. You end up working with more pretentious people, producing less, stressing more, and spending the extra income on stuff you don't need.
3. For women, getting your period for the first time.
4. Buying a house for the first time. The process is awful and doesn't leave you feeling like you've accomplished the "American dream."
5. Prom. It's never the climactic event that it is in the movies.
6. Buying sliced bread. It's fine, but it's not impressive enough to have every good thing compared to it.
7. Every single New Year's Eve.
8. Losing your virginity. Obviously. It's WAY more awkward than romantic or sexy.
9. Graduation. It's a big accomplishment to graduate . . . but you basically spend the entire ceremony just lost in the crowd.
10. Going to a TV taping. All the magic is stripped away when you see how small the set is, and how long and boring it is to get everything filmed.