Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
Halloween isn't a religious holiday. In fact, it feels like the exact OPPOSITE . . . if anything, you usually hear about religious groups outright REJECTING it.
And yet, somehow in today's oversensitive, politically correct climate . . . even HALLOWEEN is too religious.
Inglewood Elementary School in Towamencin Township, Pennsylvania just decided to cancel all of its Halloween celebrations this year . . . because of the holiday's, quote, "religious overtones."
They didn't specify WHAT those religious overtones were . . . possibly because NO ONE thinks of it as a remotely religious holiday anymore. But technically, Halloween DOES have historical roots in both pagan AND Christian traditions.
The school sent a letter to parents saying, quote, "Some holidays, like Halloween, that some see as secular are viewed by others as having religious overtones. The district must always be mindful of the sensitivity of all."