Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
Albert Lexie has shined shoes for people at Pittsburgh's Children's Hospital since 1981. (--They don't say how old Albert is . . . but he looks like he's in his 70s.)
--He charges five dollars for a shine . . . but most people give him six or seven. Some of the doctors who are regular customers give him a Christmas bonus . . . sometimes as much as $50.
--But for the last 32 years, Albert hasn't kept a single tip or bonus. He donates them ALL back to the hospital's Free Care Fund . . . which helps parents of sick kids who can't afford to pay for their treatment.
--This week, Albert went over the $200,000 mark in donations. That means that he's donated more than one THIRD of his lifetime earnings to the hospital.