Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
CareerBuilder.com just released the results of their annual survey on the craziest excuse they heard or gave for being late to work in the past year. Here are the eight best . . .
#8.) One woman dropped her purse in a newspaper dispenser box, and couldn't get it out without putting in change . . . but all her change was in the purse.
#7.) A guy left his apartment with his roommate's girlfriend's shoes on, and had to go back to change.
#6.) A guy tried to cut his own hair before work, but his clippers broke halfway . . . so he needed to wait for a barber shop to open to get his haircut fixed.
#5.) A woman was late because the forecast called for rain, and she needed to put a raincoat on a CEMENT DUCK statue in her front yard.
#4.) One woman drove to her OLD JOB by mistake.
#3.) One guy's car wouldn't start, because his court-ordered breathalyzer showed he was drunk.
#2.) A guy was late because his car was ATTACKED BY A BEAR on the way to work . . . and he had photographic evidence to prove it.
#1.) And finally, one person was late because they stopped to DELIVER A STRANGER'S BABY on the side of the highway.
--As for the rest of us with NORMAL excuses for being late, traffic was number one. Oversleeping came in second, taking the kids to daycare or school was third, bad weather was fourth, and public transportation delays were fifth.
--26% of workers say they're late at least once a month, and 16% are late once a week or more. 33% of the bosses surveyed say they've FIRED someone over chronic lateness.