Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
According to an insect expert at the University of Bergen in Norway, if you have a real Christmas tree . . . it's probably CRAWLING with BUGS.
--Associate professor Bjarte Jordal said that real trees can be home to up to 25,000 different insects and spiders. (--His first name is pronounced Bee YAR tay.)
--Things you'll find in your tree include springtails . . . which are sometimes called book lice or snow fleas . . . and also spiders, moths, mites, and bark lice.
--Most of them burrow into the tree and hibernate for the winter . . . but when you bring the tree inside your nice, warm home, they WAKE UP.
--The good news is that most of those bugs live IN the tree . . . which means they're probably not going to leave it and spread throughout your house. Your house is also dry . . . and there's not a lot of food for them. So they'll die pretty quickly.