Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
According to a study by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, broadband Internet saves the average family $8,800 a year . . . or about13.5% of everything they spend.
--That's up from last year, when the Internet saved us $7,700 a year . . . or 12.2%.
--It's because you save money by going online to compare prices . . . you can shop from stores all over the country instead of just locally . . . you save on gas money. . . and you get special discounts and coupons online.
--Here are 10 areas where we save money online:
#1.) You save $2,497 in entertainment costs . . . which is close to a 50% discount.
#2.) You get a 20% discount on travel . . . saving $1,658.
#3.) You save $1,740 in housing costs . . . or 13%. Think about when you're looking online for houses or apartments.
#4.) You save $994 on food . . . or 25%.
#5.) It reduces your clothing costs by $1,046 . . . or 60%.
#6.) When you buy a car . . . which obviously you don't do every year . . . you save about 1.5% on the purchase price by doing research online. That's about $444.
#7.) You save $175 by NOT buying newspapers.
#8.) You save $161 in gas.
#9.) You save $110 . . . or 33% . . . on non-prescription drugs.
#10.) And you save $46 in postage, since you pay bills online.