Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
Last week, in Port St. Lucie, Florida, 27-year-old Carlos Baca was backing up in his pickup truck when he slammed into another car. Instead of stopping and exchanging info, he TOOK OFF.
The other driver took down his license plate and called the cops. They tracked him down . . . and he had a VERY reasonable excuse for why he fled.
Carlos told them he'd just eaten some, quote, "bad Chinese food" and, the cops say, quote, "he was on the verge of defecating in his pants."
So rather than soil himself and destroy his pants, he sped off.
He was arrested for one misdemeanor count of driving without a license. There's no word on whether he DID end up making it to a toilet in time.
Amidst all the bitterness and complexity of the Israel-Palestine conflict, something has been forgotten . . . the scarcity of delicious fried chicken in the occupied territories. (???)
There are no KFC restaurants in the occupied Palestinian territories of the Gaza Strip. But if you REALLY want some chicken, a company called Al-Yamama can help you out.
For a fee, they'll deliver buckets of KFC to people in the Gaza Strip. They buy it in Egypt, and smuggle it in through a network of underground tunnels.
The trip takes about four hours, and the deliverymen run the risk of Israeli checkpoints . . . and the possibility that Israel will BOMB the tunnels.
And for all of this, they only charge about $30 extra . . . which is about three times what the meals cost to buy in Egypt. We're not sure if we've ever wanted fried chicken that badly, but all things considered, it seems like a bargain.
Footage of a guy snatching a bird out of mid-air with his bare hand is getting a bunch of hits on YouTube. At the end of it, there's a promo for a new book by NFL quarterback Colt McCoy. So some people think it's fake.
(Search for "Man Catches Flying Bird with Bare Hand.")