Hi.. My name is Jay Cantu. It should be noted that some of the information on this page may have been altered in order to bring a more humorous look at two very PROFESSIONAL and RESPONSIBLE individuals. Some of the names and places have been changed to protect the identity of those who have a close relationship to us and are utterly embarassed to admit it . Viewer discretion is advised.
1) Name-Jay "The Canary" Cantu
2) Got any nicknames? "El Mero Mero"
3) When were you born? December of 1907
4) Hometown? RGV Baby!!!
5) Still live there? If not, where do you call home? pays taxes to the city of Harlingen
6) Got a ball and chain? Yup...long term relationship with people we shall call "Norann"
7) Do you have kids?...If so how many? A little boy!
8) So why did you get in radio and not professional scooter racing? I can still remember listening to two morning show hosts and it sounded like they were having a blast just hanging out and playing music. And we had to say something when the
guidance counselor asked.
9) Favorite thing you like about radio? Getting up every day and doin' it for the people who for some reason find us entertaining to listen to!! They matter the most!
10) Favorite movies? Superbad, Supertroopers, Hot Fuzz, Top Gun, and I'll throw in The Notebook for good measure...it makes me both cry.
11) Favorite Artists? Madonna, Foo Fighters, Rod Stewart , The Cure, Michael Buble , Celine Dion
13) Person you'd most like to meet? PAULA ABDUL!!!!!!!
14) Who is the celebrity you'd like to run away with, if you could? Liv Tyler, Jennifer Connelly, and Dina Herrera Garza
15) Are you scared of anything? the supernatural
16) What would you like to accomplish in 5 years? TAKE OVER RYAN SEACRUST'S CAREER
17) If you weren't in radio, what would you be doing today? We both probably would be freeloading off of unsuspecting friends and family or eachother
18) And finally, what would you like to be remembered most for? The greatest radio show in the history of history!!!!
There was a big brawl in the stands at the Arizona-Arizona State football game on Saturday. And there's a video online that shows how it started. Some middle-aged guy with grey hair was arguing with an Arizona State fan, who might be a student.
Then the older guy suddenly kicked him in the FACE. (Search for "Student Section Face Kick." If you care, Arizona State ended up winning 58 to 21. WARNING: Profanity including several S-words.)
If you haven't seen it yet, there's a video that shows how a guy used a finger-painting program on his iPad to do an ULTRA-realistic portrait of Morgan Freeman. (He's also done paintings of Rihanna and Megan Fox.)
(Search for "iPad Art - Morgan Freeman Finger Painting.")
Remember Rebecca Black, the girl who did the terrible song "Friday" in 2011? Well, she celebrated Black Friday by posting a video of herself reacting to the music video for it . . . and even SHE now realizes it was terrible.
But her REACTION might be even more annoying than the actual SONG is. (Search for "Rebecca Black Reacts to Friday." The video starts at 1:12. WARNING: She says the word "butt.")